July 19, 2009

Rice County Fair (MN State Fair, here I come)

I love the Minnesota State Fair, and I love the county fairs back home. Yet, somehow, I've managed to miss the Rice County Fair every year I have lived here in Faribault. It's in July, and that tends to be when Matt and I leave Minnesota to travel home or see the world. This year, we got home from Florida just in time for the fair, and I was psyched.

We decided we'd head out on Saturday, and early in the day I started pestering Matt about when we would leave. I had images of cheese curds, fried oreos (see last year's blog), and maybe some cotton candy in my head, not to mention all of the strange chickens and rabbits we'd see in the animal barns. I even brought my camera. We finally headed downtown around 3 pm. Matt made us park in the $2 lot, which was a two minute walk away from the fair grounds. I didn't think the $5 fair parking was that bad, but Matt said, "Just in case we don't stay very long." I should have known then.

Thirty minutes later, we were back in the car.

This is the only photograph I took:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bummer. I hate those disappointments. It's a good think Matt saved $3. How are those fried oreos? I was sorely tempted to get them at Old Sturbridge village, but they came in a set of 6, and I was sure I'd eat them all. As it was, I ate three desserts that day. I hope you have better luck at the next fair!