April 4, 2009

Broadening the Scope

Well, I'd like to keep this blog a little more often than only when I travel, so I've decided to broaden the scope a little bit. My title "Winding Roads and Close Calls" is still relevant because my goal will always be to focus on experiences in my life that cause me to step out of my comfort zone! Maybe this will simply mean that I will write about all those food pictures I like to upload to my facebook page, but I also hope to write a little bit more about my local adventures in Minnesota, my travels back home to my beloved New England, and my virtual explorations through the books I read, the movies I see, and the plays I attend. Of course, there are those journeys that don't require any travel at all but still move you forward: when a friend pushes you to reconsider your assumptions, when the approaching birthday creates angst and hope, when a day at the office makes you want to scream and laugh, or when a quiet moment at home reminds you to appreciate things just the way they are.

No comments: